How do I request a book from another library?
32 views |
Last updated on Nov 17, 2016
You can request books from other schools in the FLO network (Emmanuel, Lesley, MassArt etc.) and pick them up at the Emerson Service desk in 3-5 business days.
Follow this step-by-step tutorial or the instructions below:
1) Start at our catalog, FLO (http://endeavor.flo.org/vwebv/searchBasic)
2) If you do a search for film you get over 10,000 results. Some of them say things like "available, Wentworth." Others say "multiple holdings available." That means there are multiple copies you can request, like the second item in the list: History of the Amerian avant-garde cinema: a fillm exhibition.
3) If you click on the title, it will take you to the record page where you can make your request...This item is located at MassArt and the MFA Main Library (note: you can only request MFA books at the location "MFA School"). To have this item sent to Emerson, click the Make a Request link in the blue box on the right.
4) Log in using your ID number and last name. Be sure to select Institution ID from the drop down menu first.
5) Next, select the option Request from other library
6) On the final screen, select the copy you want to request (mostly this doesn't matter) and set your Pick up location to Emerson Service Desk
7) Click Submit and you're done! You will recieve an email at your Emerson.edu account in 3-5 business days when your item is ready for pick up. The Circulation Desk is located on the 3rd floor of the Walker Building, 120 Boylston St. just to the left as you enter the Library.
If you have questions, please contact a librarian at email@example.com or 617-824-8674.
If the item you need isn't in the FLO catalog try searching the Commonwealth Catalog or making an ILL Request.